• Post-Secondary Religious Education (Degree in Theological Studies or equivalent) • Will need to meet all necessary qualifications for Ordination with The General Assembly of the Church of God in Eastern Canada (“Eastern Canada”)
• Adherence to, and agreement with, the basic teachings of the Church of God movement (Anderson, Indiana)
Skills and Experiences:
• Minimum 5 years experience as a pastor
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Lead Pastor for a congregation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent technical skills including: ability to use or connect with virtual technology; basic MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Servant Leadership
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preaching and Leading Worship Services
• Organizing and preparing materials for the Sunday Service
• Working with and facilitating all Church groups including: Youth Groups, Bible Studies, Purpose Groups, Committees, Ministries Council
• Involvement in Eastern Canada Ministries
• Ability to Vision and Strategize for the growth and development of the Church in partnership with the Ministries Council
• Officiating, Counselling, and preparing for Weddings, Baby Dedications, Baptisms, Funerals, etc.
• Administrative duties
• Other Pastoral duties to include hospital visits, pastoral care, home visits, etc.
Salary and Compensation Package:
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience as determined by the Ministries Council of Fairview Church of God.