The Nominating Committee is seeking your input as they begin to consider nominations for two (2) pending vacancies on the Ministries Council. Neil Dyal and Nira Ponniah’s terms will expire at our annual meeting on April 11, 2021. Neither are eligible or available to serve another term; Those continuing to serve on the Ministries Council are Denise Colby, Sydney Fajardo, Ted Schieck, Logi Selliah, and Chryso Shanmugathasan.
If there are persons you believe should be considered by the nominations committee for inclusion on the ballot, please make your recommendation(s) on the form below no later than Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Below are the qualifications and duties/responsibilities of Ministries
Council members as detailed in our constitution.
(1) We acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the head of the church, as written in Scripture and that as Christians we are all called to be His representatives on earth and to share, in our different roles, in the work of His church. Therefore, under God, we are all called, regardless of position, to be servants and to submit to mutual accountability within the church, as the body of Christ, in accordance with the Word of God. In order to facilitate the work of the Church and the shepherding of the congregation we delegate certain responsibilities to a duly elected governing body. This body shall be known as the Ministries Council.
(2) The Ministries Council shall set policy for the work and operation of the Church. The congregation, however, shall be entitled to recommend policy changes to the Ministries Council and, if required, to address the recommendations at a duly called congregational meeting.
(3) Qualifications :
Ministry Council members shall meet the voting requirements specified in Article V; have been active participants of Fairview Church of God for at least two years; and:
- Demonstrate their commitment to Jesus Christ through a morally and spiritually exemplary Christian lifestyle as embodied in 1Timothy 3, Titus 1 and other references in Scripture;
- Be committed to the ministry and mission of the Church of God movement, with General Offices in Anderson, Indiana;
- Be committed to the regular on-going ministry of the Church and its pastoral leadership;
- Be committed to the financial support of the Church and its mission concerns;
- Be committed to using their spiritual gifts;
(4) Duties/Responsibilities of Members of the Ministries Council
- To seek continually the will of God for the overall purpose and direction of the Church through study of the Bible, prayer and consultation;
- Under the spiritual guidance of the pastor(s), to assume responsibility for the ministry of the Church, in a shepherding and leadership role;
- To provide support and counsel to, and prayer for the pastor(s) and each other and to support the decisions of the Ministries Council;
- To conduct the business, fiscal and legal activities of the Church and to hold in trust and regulate the use of its property, effects and assets in accordance with the stated purpose of the Church;
- To appoint, or cause to be formed, such standing and ad hoc committees, ministry teams, and task forces as are required to facilitate the ministry and operation of the Church; and
- To meet at least once each calendar quarter.
Hang tight while we prepare your form...
This form may capture sensitive data (credit cards, bank accounts…), yet this site isn’t sufficiently secured.
Please contact the site administrator to resolve this issue. He must enable SSL.
This form failed to load. Try reloading this page.
The server may be having issues, or this website’s administrator may have deleted the form.